Upload a video to a lesson
This article is for the new version of Ruzuku. Click here for the instructions for the legacy version.
When you upload a video to a lesson, Ruzuku will host that video for you. We'll also automatically convert your video into a Web- and mobile-optimized format for your students to view.
Ruzuku supports videos in any resolution, including high-definition resolutions such as 720p, 1080p, and even 4K. We display videos using an adaptive streaming player, which adjusts its resolution and speed based on your student's device and internet connection.
Note: Each video file must be no larger than 2,000 MB (2 GB)
Please name your video file as simply as possible to ensure the best transcoding (all lower case, no spaces, punctuation, or special characters).
How to Upload a Video to Your Course
- Go to your "My Courses" page in the upper right-hand corner of your screen.
- Click on the title of your course.
- Inside the course, click on "Modules & Lessons" on the upper left-hand side of your screen.
- Click the name of the specific lesson to which you want to add a video (or click "add lesson" if you don't have one yet).
- Click on "Add media" in the lesson content editor and then click "Video or audio file".
- Select an option from the upload dialog window. To upload a file from your computer, you can drag and drop the file or click "Choose file". You also have the option to choose "Record Video" or "Record Audio" if you want to create a video or audio file in real-time to add to your course.
- If you selected "Choose file", then simply select a video file from your computer to upload.
Tip: Your video file must be no larger than 2,000 MB (2 GB).
- Once your video has finished uploading, that's it! You'll know your video has been properly saved when you see a checkmark and "saved" on the upper right-hand side of the content editor.
Note: Your video upload may take a few minutes, depending on the file size and your internet connection
- Optional: You can choose the poster image for your video (which is the image that displays in your lesson before the video is played) by clicking on the video itself. Click on the “Change Poster Image” icon that pops up.
Then, drag the video cursor at the bottom of your video to find the frame that you want to be displayed as your poster image and click "Set Poster Image" to save it.
Tip: To preview your lesson, click "Student View" in the upper right-hand corner of your screen to see how the video plays.